Friday, August 31, 2012

Elise & Jordan Wedding - Charleston, SC


I was contacted a while back by a fellow photographer, Dallas Galbreath who had recently moved back to South Carolina looking for a second photographer for a wedding in Charleston. I had worked with her several years ago when I was first dipping my toe into the wedding photography market and the chance to work with an experienced professional was a great opportunity - anyone thinking of getting into the wedding-world should look into this sort of work. 

While I don't shoot as much as a second shooter these days, I jumped at the chance to not only work with her again but to do a classic Charleston wedding (plus it was a good opportunity to see some friends, I mean, comeon, it's Charleston). 

Working as a second shooter is all about getting what the primary photographer can't. As anybody who's worked in this business, you can't be in all places at all times and you only get one chance at 98% of the moments happening at a wedding.

So here's my perspective on a day that casts the best possible light on a classic southern wedding day.












The ceremony was at St. Luke's Chapel and the reception was at the American Theatre. Afterward, we strolled down to the Waterfront Park for a final session. If you can deal with the standard weekend crowds, it is a perfect finish for that Charleston character. You can forget about parking and expect walking/running.

You can view more of this wedding on my website gallery.



1 comment:

  1. Great wedding photos!! These wedding pictures made me smile the whole time I was reading this post. My sister’s wedding at one of finest outdoor New York wedding venues was also filled with so much joy and some wonderful moments that are unforgettable.

    ReplyDelete