Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Avett Brothers


Last month, I had the chance to photograph one of the hottest acts currently touring, the Avett Brothers. For this show, there was no opening act, just the main show. The stage was set very vintage/theatrical with a feel that reminds me of Needtobrethe, only more light (thankfully).

The main challenge for this show was to capture all the musicians with minimal room to move. Normally, I highly recommend that you move during shows to get different vantage points. This was an example of a show where that may not be possible so you work with what you have.





One of the unique qualities of this show was that the lighting from behind the artists was stronger than in front for most of the time. While this provided some challenges photography-wise, it also produced some surprising results like the shot below.


This was the last live concert show I have booked for a while and it was a great one. I'll be posting some recent wedding work next.

You can view more of images from this show on my website. Also, check me out on facebook, tumblr and google+. Or just shoot me an email and say hi!


No comments:

Post a Comment